For business owners who are looking for a legal advisor with expertise in corporate legal matters
We handle a broad range of legal issues that individual business owners or corporations may encounter, including labor management issues involving foreign workers, transactions with foreign nationals and companies, and legal issues related to start-ups in Japan founded by foreign nationals. One of our office’s core strengths is our ability to deal with such complex and diverse legal issues in an appropriate and prompt manner.
Why should I have a legal advisor?
Contacting a law firm can be a daunting task for small and medium-sized business owners. Entering into a legal advisory contract with a law firm in advance of potential issues or complexities provides tremendous benefit to such business owners in that doing so lowers the psychological hurdle of consulting with a lawyer. In addition, by maintaining regular contact and building a face-to-face relationship with your lawyer, you will be able to prevent disputes from occurring or, in case a dispute were to arise, prevent it from escalating.
Services we provide under a legal advisory contract
All matters are handled by our representative lawyer.
- Our representative lawyer takes full responsibility for all clients and for all matters. As a client who has entered into a legal advisory contract with us, you will be provided with the cell phone number and email address of our representative lawyer so that you can consult with him on a priority basis whenever you need.
You may consult with us – free of charge – as many times as necessary.
- For clients who have entered into a legal advisory contract with our office, we offer as many free legal consultations as you may need. However, additional fees will be charged if specific legal services are required beyond a consultation.
Free legal consultation for your employees and their families.
- In addition to the consultations we provide to clients or business entities themselves under a legal advisory contract, we can also provide free legal consultations for your employees and their families, as long as there is no conflict of interest.
Consultation by email or telephone is also available.
- We provide consultations by email or telephone as well as via Skype, Zoom or LINE for clients with a legal advisory contract. These options will be useful when you just want to quickly ask simple questions without visiting our office.
We offer a discount on our retainer fee and other similar fees that will be charged when we undertake a specific matter.
- If a potential dispute becomes actualized and steps to deal with that dispute are necessary, you will be required to pay a retainer fee and remuneration depending on the case. We offer a discount on the retainer fee and remuneration for clients with a legal advisory contract.
You may list our law office as your legal advisor on your website or in other locations.
- If you enter into a legal advisory contract with us, you may list our law office as your legal advisor on your website and in other external materials. Doing so will allow you to reap the reputational benefits that come with being a business entity with a legal advisor.
Monthly Legal Advisory Fee
|Price Plan (Monthly)||Legal service provided for free (Monthly)||Discount on Retainer Fee / Remuneration|
|¥9,980 per month||Service equivalent to ¥20,000||10% off|
|¥30,000 per month||Service equivalent to ¥50,000|
|¥50,000 per month||Service equivalent to ¥80,000||15% off|
|¥100,000 per month||Service equivalent to ¥150,000||20% off|
|¥200,000 per month||Service equivalent to ¥300,000|
|¥300,000 per month||Service equivalent to ¥400,000||25% off|
Currently, we have approximately 50 domestic and foreign companies, organizations and individuals who have contracted with us for legal advisory services or ongoing legal services. Our clients are quite diverse, and they include the following:
Automobile sales companies / Real estate-related companies / Investment companies / Trading companies / Website design companies / Online retailers / Consulting companies / Medical institutions / Various associations / NPOs / Restaurants / Writers / Certified public tax accountants / Judicial scriveners / Administrative scriveners / Certified public accountants
Our services are available to clients in any area of Japan. Please feel free to contact us from wherever you may be located.
Regular appointments are also possible for clients located in the following priority areas:
• Meguro Area (Meguro-ku: Meguro / Shimomeguro / Nakameguro / Mita; Shinagawa-ku: Kami-Osaki; Minato-ku: Shirokanedai, etc.)
• Ebisu Area (Shibuya-ku: Ebisu / Ebisuminami, Ebisunishi, Ebisuhigashi / Hiroo 1-chome, etc.)
• Gotanda Area (Shinagawa-ku: Gotanda / Higashigotanda, etc.)
You may also retain us as a secondary advisor!
Our lawyers are professionals in the field of labor management for foreign nationals. If your current legal advisor does not have expertise in this field, you may retain us as a secondary advisor.
By entering into a legal advisory agreement with us while keeping your current advisor, you will be able to take advantage of your legal advisors’ respective areas of expertise depending on the matter (e.g., entrusting to us all labor management issues related to foreign nationals).
For clients who retain us as a secondary legal advisor, we will establish the advisory fee in a flexible manner so that the cost will not be a heavy burden for you.
- Q An employee of my company asked me for advice regarding a divorce. If my company has a legal advisory contract with your office, would you provide consultation for an employee (like this particular one) as well?
- A Yes. We can provide legal consultation services for your employees and their families – free of charge – provided there is no conflict of interest (e.g., we cannot provide a consultation for an employee who intends to sue your company).
- Q We have been retaining a legal advisor for many years. However, this legal advisor is aging and has become slower to respond to our requests; thus, we are considering replacing our legal advisor. Is it possible for us to change our legal advisor to your office or, alternatively, to enter into a legal advisory contract with your office while keeping the existing advisor?
- A It is absolutely possible. We are extremely flexible, and our motto is to be available when we are needed, even if that happens to be on weekends, early in the morning or late in the evening. If you are dissatisfied with the slow response of your present legal advisor, we advise you to try our service by assigning a matter to us without terminating your existing legal advisory contract. If you are satisfied with our service, including our promptness, please then consider entering into a contract for ongoing services with us.
- Q We would like to replace our legal advisor with your office. Will the advisory fee be negotiable in that case?
- A Yes. We can respond to your request in a flexible manner after a consultation with you, taking into consideration the advisory fee that you have paid to your current legal advisor.
- Q If we decide to enter into a legal advisory contract with you, is there any mandatory contract period?
- A Given the fact that mutual trust serves as the basis for a legal advisory contract, it does no good for either party to continue the contract even after that trust has been lost. Therefore, we do not impose any obligation as to the time period of a legal advisory contract, and you may terminate the contract at any time. On the other hand, please note that we may also terminate the contract at any point.
- Q If we enter into a legal advisory contract with your office, will you handle our matters on a priority basis?
- A We give higher priority to the matters faced by our clients with whom we have a legal advisory contract.
- Q If I enter into a legal advisory contract with your office, can I consult with you even on weekends?
- A Our office prioritizes the matters encountered by clients who have a legal advisory contract with us. Therefore, if you choose to enter into a legal advisory contract, we would be available for consultations on weekends, early in the morning or late in the evening if requested.
- Q If I enter into a legal advisory contract with your office, can I consult with you by phone or email?
- A Yes, you can consult with us by phone or email. We also offer consultations via LINE, Skype and Zoom. Please feel free to choose the method that is most convenient for you.
- Q If I enter into a legal advisory contract with your office, can I receive a discount on the retainer fee or remuneration?
- A Yes, we offer a discount on our retainer fee and remuneration for clients who have a legal advisory contract with us.
- Q Is there a limit to the number of consultations that I can have each month?
- A No, we do not set a limit despite the fact that some law offices do indeed limit the number of times you can consult with their lawyers even if you have an advisory contract. Legal consultation itself is free of charge and is available as many times as you wish. Please note that fees will be incurred if specific investigation or legal services are required.
- Q Our company does not have personnel in charge of legal affairs, so we are considering retaining a legal advisor. What are the advantages of retaining a legal advisor instead of hiring legal personnel?
- A Let’s say you choose a monthly price plan with us of ¥50,000 (excluding tax); the annual advisory fee will come to only ¥600,000 (excluding consumption tax). On the other hand, hiring an employee to be in charge of legal affairs will cost you several million yen annually, and moreover, you cannot dismiss that individual easily. Therefore, retaining a legal advisor makes much more sense financially than hiring an additional employee to handle your legal affairs.
- Q Can we treat the advisory fee as a company expense?
- A Yes. The entire amount of advisory fees paid to a legal advisor can be recorded as a deductible expense under tax laws.
- Q What is the payment method for the advisory fee?
- A We ask clients who have a legal advisory contract with us to pay the monthly advisory fee by the last day of the month. We normally send an invoice to your designated address around the 15th of each month.
- Q Can I pay the advisory fee annually?
- A Yes. In that case, the advisory fee for one month will be waived.